7 Jul 2012

Guess Who's Wand Maker of the Moon-th?

 I'm pleased and proud to have been named "Wandmaker of the Moon-th" by Field's Wand Makers Gild. Check it out here: http://wandmakersgild.wordpress.com/wand-makers/ There are several photos of various wands available in my Etsy shop and a little bit about me... it's a bit like being rich and famous, without the money (or the fame!) LOL

It's actually kind of wierd to be featured on someone else's webspace; flattering, humbling, bemusing & slightly scary all at the same time! I appreciate the keen interest shown by the curator of this site, and it's nice to know I'm not the only one who could be described as ever so slightly obsessed with wands! I make other things as well of course, although oddly, I sell fewer wands on Etsy than I did on eBay. However, wands were where I first started so many years ago, and I think they're still what I like making the most. There's something extremely satisfying in the knowledge that each one is truly unique, with it's own personality, strengths and weaknesses, and that somewhere out there is someone who will be the perfect match for it. The feeling that something I've crafted is an integral part of someone's sacred ritual is pretty incredible, and a responsibility that I take very seriously. I'm proud of each and every item that leaves my hands, but whereas a pendant will probably just be put on and forgotten about for the rest of the day, a wand is an important magical tool to be used in serious magical and religious practice, and that somehow makes it more special.

By the way, here's a picture from Field's Wand Makers Gild of me using my pedal-powered sander, built by my wonderful better half. You can see by the thickness of the dust how much use it gets!

Pedalling hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are so stunned at the breadth of my intellect that you must communicate your awe, or would like to express astonishment at the fact that anyone this talented chooses to live such a modest and retired life, please leave your comments in the box above. If you're very lucky you will be granted the privilege of seeing your words next to mine on the same page...surely enough to give anybody a warm glow of satisfaction.